Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Like Mother, Like Daugther!

I secretly LOVE to sew! I like 'finishing' a project and having something to show for it. Now, don't misunderstand me. I like to sew, but that doesn't mean that I'm great at it. Don't look too close:) And now that I have a daughter who doesn't speak yet to voice her own opinion, I can make her anything that I want! I have to monopolize on this time before she starts thinking I'm uncool and refuses to wear anything homemade.

I bought fabric to make pillows to match my living room, only to come home and wonder what I was thinking. You'll know why when you see the fabric. Don't judge. Great for a spring dress, but not for a subtle living room. With all of this left-over fabric I decided to make matching dresses for me and Claire to wear. That's right, I'm one of those kinds of moms. It was quite an undertaking, having to start my dress over 3 times. I should be much better at reading patterns from now on. And I made Claire's dress without a pattern - which I think turned out rather well!

Next on the menu is making a birthday dress for Claire and Easter outfits for the whole family. We'll see if I can get Kelland to wear a tie that matches us :)

Can you tell that it's just about bedtime?

Also - notice how good our dog is with Claire


Also - here's view of some of our St. Patrick's Day decoration. I seem to fit the same theme...

No comments:

Post a Comment